I checked. It was April 2019 since I wrote my last post. You will not believe everything that has happened since then.
We lost one of our Maltese, Cody, to a brain tumor. That was a hard blow. My granddaughter, Brittany, moved out in July 2019 and then on September 10, 2019 she died. Just 34 years old. Another hard blow.
We were planning a trip to Disney in 2020 and COVID struck. We have been lucky, but some of our other family members have not been so lucky. We lost hubby’s sister, Nancy, we think to an aneurism and his sister-in-law, Sharon, to COVID. Our pastor, Rohn Boone has been in the hospital for over four months with COVID and doesn’t seem to be getting better.
I lost Cookie and Cutter, my other two Maltese, in 2020. We said no more animals, but I found Cappy and Ginger and they are a joy.
October 4th, 2020, we lost our son, Craig, in a freak accident. He gave his life to save another. We’re still not over that. He was either talking to his dad or here helping his dad every day he didn’t work. I miss him dearly.
I have stopped writing, and I’m not sure I’ll pick it back up or not. The cost of publishing outweighs sales. But I’m willing to help others in any way I can.
I am on a diet, sort-of. Cooking Keto but not completely. My weight goes up then down on a daily basis. I just can’t seem to get it right. But I’m not giving up. One day I’ll get it right.
In the meantime, I’m posting a Keto recipe that we’ve tried and love. I like easy and quick. So that’s what I try to find. This is one of our favorites. Hope you enjoy it.
Oh yeah, I’ll try to post an update once a month.
Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Casserole
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Yields 12 servings
2 Pounds Ground Chuck (Beef), browned and drained
1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil, optional
2 Bell Peppers, seeded and sliced
1 Large or 2 Small Onions, sliced
1 (8 ounce) Package Cream Cheese, softened
½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
Salt and Pepper, to taste
12 Slices Provolone Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare a 9x13 casserole dish with coconut oil spray.
3. In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium-high heat and chop into crumbles.
4. Drain ground beef to remove grease.
5. If grease is removed from skillet, add coconut oil and swirl to coat the pan.
6. Add onions and peppers to skillet, cooking over medium-high heat and stirring occasionally until softened. Remove from heat.
7. To the skillet, add cooked ground beef, cream cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Transfer to casserole dish.
8. Top casserole with slices of provolone cheese.
9. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling.